I think all of you guys should take a good look at Sir Laser-Lot's sword - what do you see? :hmgrin:
Well, i think you should simply repaint Fisto´s armour red and green.
Your PM box is full.
I find myself pretty excited for the prospect of this Tri-Klops (if that wasn't obvious from my previous posts). I'm so glad folks are still talking about this! This could be the perfect Blind Swordsman figure that doubles as minicomic Tri-Klops - 'cause really - why couldn't the Blind Swordsman have been wearing this?
Anyway, I'm chiming in again 'cause I think the Fisto armor would be a great starting point! It would make it so they don't have to make a whole new armor - just use the Fisto armor, then mold a new peice to put over the shoulders, and then mold the sash: and there you go! I think it might work.
I'd prefer newly tooled armor, but I'd take a repaint of Fisto's if that means getting a Battle Ground Tri-Klops.
This whole idea of using Fisto's armour for a mini-comics Tri-Klops is a bad idea that needs to be nipped in the bud right now. How are you supposed to fit Tri-Klops' own armour over Fisto's? It would be far too bulky.
Here's everything that the perfect mini-comic/battleground/bounty hunter Tri-Klops variant needs:
No new tooling:
- purple-red "undershirt" with two horizontal green bands wrapping around torso (this would be painted directly on to the body)
- dark grey loin cloth (his belt would also be dark grey, but a slightly different shade to avoid looking cheap)
- maroon Keldor boots with the mini-comic details (the straight white trim and the black squiggly lines) painted on
- armour, visor and wrist cuffs re-painted a very pale green (perhaps use Bow's wrist cuffs)
- Sir Laser-Lot's sword re-painted with a gold hilt and silver blade
Mandatory new tooling:
- the sash/belt that he wears diagonally across his chest on top of his regular armour
Optional new tooling:
- new wrist cuffs to look more like the ones in the comic (though those would be less detailed than the ones the regular figure has)
- a new, more compact visor that is less wide and more flush with his head
- a second, "Blind Swordsman" head (though this has nothing to do with his mini-comic appearance, it would make an amazing bonus)
Tri-Klops as a heroic warrior would be an interesting option in my opinion. I recently read a fanfic containing a love story between Tri-Klops and Teela - at the end, Teela became pregnant and bore him a boy. :ctewink:
He needs a new armor that snaps together like Randor, Fisto, BA He-Man, etc.
The armor should have the appropriate "shoulder pads"
He needs the baldric.
New, textured boots would be nice, if not use Keldor/Marzo boots
I've never been a fan of this look, to be honest, so... no thanks.
The 200x repaint version could be cool, but still, I have no real desire for it either.
I would want the mini-comics version with a blind swordsman head. I would buy that.
What are our chances of getting figures like this made at this point in the line??
At this point, we should go for a mini-comic sub.
I'd buy him.
I hope we find a way to get stuff like this. I have about 25 mini comic wants, this being one of them. :hmsad:
Yep, Tri-Klops in any armor....
I always loved the mini comics version and would love him to come with an extra bandanna head too.
I did a custom a while back on the vintage figures, sold it recently though. hes a pic
also did a trap jaw, be so cool in classics
I really hope we get an A-VARAINT SUB.
I would like a varient tri-klops. I want to make a 200x mvcomics tri-klops. but with optional mini comic armor too.
I've adopted this version of Tri-Klops and Colossor as my two main MOTUC campaigns, but with variants being reduced to only one per year, I'm worried we'll never get the best version of Tri-Klops ever. My biggest hope at this point is that they'll release more stuff outside the sub.